Owl 1.10 Public Release
Check out the Download Page for the link to download this new version.
Get Early Copies of Owl 1.10
If you would like to support this project you can make a donation by using the button below. Any donation by an individual of $50 or more gets a copy of Owl 1.10 for personal use.
Donations of $100 or more get a mention on the web site as a supporter (On request to protect your privacy) Just add a note when making a donation to get a mention on the website. We are not putting a mention unless requested this is to protect you privacy.
Special Thank You to David for making this suggestion.
Owl 1.10 Released
Owl 1.10 was released a the beginning of this year to our Supported Customer Base, and will be released as a Free Open Source Version at the end of this year (2012)
What is Owl?
Owl is a multi user document repository (knowledge base) system written in PHP for publishing files/documents onto the web for a corporation, small business, group of people, or just for yourself.
Owl offers a complete set of features that makes it unique and pleasure to use, among them we can highlight:
Multi-user environment Folder and file permissions.
Group permissions. Anonymous access.
Self register capabilities, Capcha Support password size policy enforcement
Upload Progress Bar Indicator
Check IN / Check OUT of files
ACL (Access Control List) Security
Easy to use Simple and clear user interface.
Notifications for owner and group.
File and folder monitoring.
Searchable (integrated search tool). Search within txt, ms-word and pdf files.
Bulk operations (move, mail, delete...)
mp3 info reading, displays mp3 info (artist, album, quality...)
Easy to use and clean administration interface Higly scalable, size of the database is limited by your hardware.
Integrated log viewer Download statistics.
Ability to store files in the filesystem or database, for versatility.
DB Backup tool
Sets up very quickly.
Custom document types.
Built in Email Tool
Thumbnail Generation (images, WORD, PDF, Video) 3 Sizes
Thumbnail View for sites with allot of images
ZIP File Upload with automatic Extraction
Download Notes and Text Documents as PDF
User Home Directory / Initial Directory
User Favorite links
Customizable User Interface
Themes (CSS Based)
Storage of Files to the File System
Storage of Files to a Database
Owl Keeps File System and Database in Sync
Multi Database/Repository Support
- Jupload UPDATE with Version Control
- Microsoft PowerPoint (ppt) Indexing
- Template Based
- Embedded Flash Video Player to View Video
Here is a list of features that will be available in a Future Release, you can preview Some of them In our demo.
- WEBDAV (Edit your MS OFFICE Documents Inline using MS OFFICE Tools)
- Bulk Upload via Jupload Java Applet Supports Drag and Drop from End Users Desktop.
- Anonymous / Guest Account Restricted by IP Address / Sub nets
- Message OF the Day displayed on the Login Page
- Multiple File Upload at the same time
- File Hashing (3 different File Hashing are calculated)
- RSS Feeds
- File Expiry (Files Automatically removed on Expiry date)
- Force Browser into SSL
- File Update can now be done with a file of a different name
- Auto Checkout of files on Download
- Additional Logging of Peer Review actions
- Maintenance mode to disable Logins
- Maximum Attachment size for Notifications
- Folder Linking
- Better Search performance and search "Begins With" "Ends With" and "Exact Match"
What is Owl Ultralite?
Owl is asimple document repository (knowledge base) system written in PHP for publishing files/documents onto the web for a corporation, small business, group of people, or just for yourself.
The lite version doesn't use a database, it reads a directory structure directly on the web server. Simple to install, simple to use, try the demo.